Mixology 101 not needed: Pre-game in style with these easy peasy cocktails

Whether you're a beginner to the cocktail game or a lazy future bartender, these easy drinks are tasty and quick to make. – Photo by Helena Yankovska / Unsplash

For all of us over 21, we know by the end of a long day or week all we want is to relax and unwind with a drink. While a beer or a can of whatever hard seltzer you have on hand is fine, a mixed drink is always more fun.

I know mixed drinks can be a bit intimidating, especially if you're new to the mixology game. Some drinks just involve too many steps and even more ingredients. Still, I am here to tell you that some fantastic drinks are as easy to make as grabbing a seltzer out of the fridge.

So calling all cocktail fans and aspiring mixologists, have I got just the thing for you! As an amateur mixologist and cocktail lover, I have taken it upon myself to seek out the easiest and tastiest cocktails.

Here are five easy drink recipes to try next time you're really feeling like "man, I need a drink" or want to impress your friend with your bartending skills.

Malibu bay breeze

If you don't like the taste of alcohol but like to have a drink every now and again, the Malibu bay breeze is the drink for you. Made with only three ingredients, the Malibu bay breeze is delicious and easy to make.

All you need to make yourself the tastiest cocktail that will transport you to a tropical oasis is pineapple juice, cranberry juice and Malibu rum. Now you want to get fancy, you can measure one part of each ingredient, but if you're lazy like me, you can just eyeball it and adjust the drink to your taste.

Want it a bit sweeter? Add more pineapple. Want it tarter? Add more cranberry! Can't taste the alcohol quite enough … make it a double! There are no rules here. The Malibu bay breeze is truly a tropical delight that you can't mess up.

Dirty martini

The dirty martini is the epitome of a classy cocktail. And with only two to three ingredients, it's classy, strong and easy to make.

Now, the dirty martini is not for everyone. One of the ingredients is olive juice, which is a bit of an acquired taste. But for all you pickle and olive lovers out there, this drink is the perfect boozy balance of salty and briny.

The martini is traditionally made with gin and dry Vermouth, but many replace the gin with vodka, so if you're not a fan of gin, don't worry, The Martini can still be for you. All you need for this drink is two and a half ounces of gin or vodka, half an ounce of dry vermouth, half an ounce of olive brine and two or three olives for garnish.

Shake everything up in a shaker glass, or if you don't have a shaker, stir it up in whatever glass you have on hand, pour it into a chilled glass, top with your olives and enjoy!

Dirty Shirley

I'll bet you've all heard of this summer's signature drink, The Dirty Shirley — a spiked take on the classic mocktail, the Shirley Temple. Like most other drinks on this list, the Dirty Shirley is made with minimal ingredients: Sprite or ginger ale, grenadine and your vodka of choice. Of course, you can't forget the maraschino cherries.

Similar to the Malibu bay breeze, you can get fancy and measure everything, pour to your heart's desire, make it as strong or sweet as you like — and add extra cherries, of course!

Irish lemonade

The Irish lemonade is a super easy and refreshing cocktail perfect for any season. Lemonade is such a classic and refreshing drink — everyone loves lemonade, so why not make it better by adding whiskey!

That's it. Really, that's all the ingredients: lemonade and Jameson Irish Whiskey. Add 1 part Jameson to 3 parts lemonade, pour over ice and you're ready to kick back and relax.

Ranch water

Ranch water has been trending the last couple of years with the surge of TikTok drink trends, and it's easy to understand why. Ranch water is an easy, refreshing, low-calorie cocktail option for anyone who doesn't want something super sweet.

Essentially a skinny margarita, ranch water is just tequila, lime juice and Topo Chico (or any seltzer of your choice, but Topo Chico is the best). To make this light take on a Mexican classic, just add two shots of tequila to a tall glass with ice, squeeze one lime, top with Topo Chico and viola — you're ready to get the night started!

I hope you're now inspired to break out those bartending skills and try some of these delicious and simple cocktails with friends, family or on your own (I don't judge).

Happy sipping!