Celebrity makeup brands that live up to their names

Pop icon Rihanna is one of many celebrities who've taken the beauty industry by storm with self-made makeup brands.  – Photo by Fenty Beauty / Twitter

It seems like every celebrity these days is getting into the beauty business. Stars like Kim Kardashian, Kylie Jenner, Rihanna, Selena Gomez and Kat Von D have been making big moves in the makeup scene, and it's not surprising — who wouldn't want to purchase makeup from their favorite celebrities?

We fawn over their glowing skin, perfect eyeshadow and vibrant lip colors, and in order to emulate these iconic looks, buying their products seems like the best option.

But sometimes, it's hard to tell which brands are worth the hype and which ones are just going to empty your pockets. So, I've put together a list of some of the most worth it celebrity beauty brands for all you makeup gurus out there (now you don't have to spend hours at Ulta to pick and choose which celebrity brands to love).

Without further ado, here are four of the most "worth it" celebrity beauty brands:

Gomez: Rare Beauty

Former Disney starlet Gomez is a major advocate for natural beauty, individuality, self-care and health, and it only makes sense that she created a brand that's centered on the idea of self-care and self-love.

All of Rare Beauty's products are vegan and cruelty-free and dermatologist tested. This brand has it all, and the best part, it's super affordable.

My personal favorite is the liquid blush. It comes in a variety of shades and blends beautifully, and at only $20, it's a major steal!

Aside from having amazing products, the brand has a major emphasis on philanthropy. In fact, Rare Beauty donates 1 percent of each purchase to help fund mental health services in underprivileged communities. The company also highlights the importance of sustainability and uses practices to reduce waste when manufacturing, which is something we can all feel good about!

Rihanna: Fenty Beauty

When we think about celebrity beauty brands, Rihanna comes to mind right away. Her brand Fenty Beauty took the world by storm a few years ago with its extensive range of foundation shades.

Her products are glamourous, just like queen Rihanna herself. A favorite of mine is the Fenty Kilawatt Freestyle Highlighter Duo. Not only is it available in a bunch of colors, but it's also super pigmented, making you shine bright like a diamond for only $36.

Fenty Beauty products not only look good but are also good for you and the planet. The brand is continuously taking steps to keep the earth clean. Sustainability is crucial to the company, and all of the products are cruelty-free.

The brand has also created the Clara Lionel Foundation, in honor of Rihanna's grandparents. It helps fund education, healthcare and emergency response programs across the globe. 

What's better than a brand that's good for you, the planet and your pocket?

Von D: KVD Vegan Beauty

KVD Vegan Beauty, previously known as Kat Von D Beauty, has been around for more than a decade and has established itself as a staple in beauty. Founded by celebrity tattoo artist Von D, the brand is built off of fearlessness, creativity, non-conformity and self-expression, and it really shows in her unique product designs.

All of the products the brand offers are vegan and cruelty-free. Kat Von D's signature liquid lipstick formula is amazing, and it comes in a wide variety of shades and is long-lasting.

The quality of all her products is unmatched: From the liquid lipsticks to eyeshadow palettes to highlighter palettes, not only does the brand do it all, but they're also all high quality and ultra-pigmented!

Jessica Alba: Honest Beauty 

Alba is ahead of the game. Not only does she own Honest Beauty, but she also owns The Honest Company.

The Honest brand sells lifestyle products focused on families, such as body wash, diapers, cleaning supplies and more. Her beauty line, like her lifestyle line, focuses on being transparent with her customers while ensuring that all products are high quality and safe.

All of Honest Beauty's products are cruelty-free and toxicologist-audited to ensure safety and true clean beauty. They even invest in green renewable energy certificates and frequently donate to charities through their social "Honest to Goodness" initiative.

My go-to product from Honest Beauty is the Honestly Bright Eyes Tinted Eye Cream. It's a great product for anyone who wants to cover any dark circles or imperfections but doesn’t want to put on a full face of foundation, and it’s only $23.99.

Her brand is definitely worth it: It's affordable, clean and has a wide variety, and you help the world while enjoying excellent beauty products.

Whether you are a makeup newbie or a full-blown beauty guru, these brands are guaranteed not to disappoint and truly live up to their name. So the next time you're out adding goodies to your makeup collection, be sure to check them out either in-store or online!