Trader Joe's foods every college student should stock up on

If you're looking for new staple snacks and meals for your mini fridge or kitchen, try these affordable Trader Joe's products. – Photo by WhisperToMe / Wikimedia

Every college student is probably well-versed in different Trader Joe's products.

The grocery store has an array of frozen foods that are easy to cook in your college housing, whether you live in a residence hall with a simple microwave or a house with more appliances. The chain also has a wide variety of snacks to choose from that make for the perfect pick-me-ups in between classes.

Here's a list of the best buys from Trader Joe's to keep you content during finals week.

Chicken Chow Mein

One popular frozen meal that I have been purchasing recently is the Chicken Chow Mein. This is an easy-to-make meal that can either be cooked in a frying pan or heated up in the microwave. It also comes with a small packet of frozen soy sauce to mix into it once it is done cooking, making the entire meal preparation less than 10 minutes. Plus, it's delicious!

Hashbrowns

Another great option from the frozen aisle is the Trader Joe's brand Hashbrowns. These are perfect to make if you're in a rush or if you need something to go on the side of your breakfast. These hashbrowns can be cooked either in an air fryer, the oven, in a pan or even in the microwave. I'd recommend trying them if you're often looking for something quick to eat in the morning.

Creamy Spinach and Artichoke Dip

A great buy if you're in need of a new reliable late-night snack is Trader Joe's Creamy Spinach and Artichoke Dip. This product is approximately $4 and is so simple to make. You can easily throw this product in the microwave whenever you need a dip for tortilla chips or something to elevate an appetizer.

Arugula and Parmigiano Reggiano Ravioli

Trader Joe's has a ton of pasta options, including fresh ravioli and tortellini. A favorite of mine is the Arugula and Parmigiano Reggiano Ravioli. This product is less than $3 and so easy to make. If you're ever in the mood for something not in the frozen aisle, head over to the fresh pasta section of the store next time you’re there.

Mini Mint Ice Cream Mouthfuls

Next time you're looking for a home run dessert, you might want to try the Mini Mint Ice Cream Mouthfuls. They come in a pack of 12 and can be kept in the freezer for when you're craving some ice cream. These mini ice cream sandwiches look just like Oreos but are filled with a mint flavored ice cream that comes in a bite-sized package.

Dark or Milk Chocolate Covered Mini Pretzels

My last go-to buy is the Dark or Milk Chocolate Covered Mini Pretzels. You can find these snacks on the shelves with the other chocolate options, but be warned, they're one of Trader Joe's most addictive products. If you need something to satisfy your sweet tooth, the chocolate-covered pretzels are a great choice. They're perfect for a late night snack or for whenever you’re craving something with chocolate.

Trader Joe's has a ton of great options, from its frozen, easy-to-cook meals, to its fresh pasta options and, finally, the snack choices. This grocery store is full of different products for anyone based on their allergies or dietary needs.

If you're ever looking for easy dinners and tasty snacks, you should check out what Trader Joe's has to offer on your next grocery store run.