Taylor Swift Eras tour tickets go on sale as fans hope for no 'Glitch'

As Taylor Swift prepares to go on tour in the upcoming spring and summer, Swifties prepare to do everything they can to secure tickets. – Photo by @TS13ontour / Twitter

Never in their “Wildest Dreams” did Taylor Swift fans think they were going to get a tour as iconic as Taylor Swift’s Eras Tour. Fans went crazy when the 11-time Grammy winner shared on her Instagram that the tour would feature songs from her entire discography.

The Eras Tour comes just days after Swift's release of her newest album "Midnights," which was her first new release since early 2021. Since then, Swift has been focusing on re-recording and releasing her old songs.

Now that she has had a couple of years to do so, Swift is ready to tour again. But to her fans' surprise, she is focusing on taking the show through each of her musical eras. The concert will feature songs from her country days with albums like "Taylor Swift" all the way through to her newest release "Midnights."

The Eras Tour will be Swift’s first tour in nearly five years, so there was a considerable amount of commotion happening in the fandom when she announced it on November 1.

Starting in March 2023, the tour will first stop in Arizona, and it will end in California in August. The artwork she shared for the tour was a compilation of her album covers as well as photos of her from the different musical eras of her career.

Aside from getting to see the icon herself on stage again, she is touring with a number of artists such as Gracie Abrams, Paramore, GAYLE, beabadoobee, Muna, Girl in Red and Owenn. She's also performing with acts she's worked with in the past like Phoebe Bridgers, with whom she sang "Nothing New" from "Red (Taylor's Version)," and HAIM, who was featured on her song "no body, no crime" from "evermore."

The tour will consist of multiple stops in the U.S., including three nights at MetLife Stadium in New Jersey and three nights at Lincoln Financial Field in Philadelphia, plus another international leg of the tour. Swift has promised that those dates will be announced very soon. 

The craze that followed the announcement has led Swift to release an additional 17 dates to her upcoming tour. Major Swifties are getting ready to snag a ticket when the Verified Fan Presale with Ticketmaster begins today at 10 a.m. Fans that have a Capital One card will have access to the presale later on the same day. Finally, the general public on-sale will begin on Friday at 10 a.m.

Although most artists stick with touring their newest album, Swift is taking another route. I, along with many other Swift fans, am eternally grateful for this decision as it will give her fans a chance to reminisce with her. Everybody loves a throwback moment, and an entire stadium singing along to her greatest hits is definitely the best way to do it.

For fans that have never had the pleasure of going to a Swift show — like myself — the inclusion of the rest of her discography is a really exciting feature. As a fan, I'm personally very excited to hear some of my favorites off of "Red (Taylor's Version)" like "All Too Well" and "22."

While I am excited to have new songs from "Midnights" to jam out to, I will forever be a softie for her old hits. If you weren’t jumping around your room singing along to "You Belong With Me" as a kid, then what were you really doing?

The nostalgia associated with this tour is enough to get any casual Swift listener to a concert, but Swifties are fully prepared and ready to go all out. Plus, fans know Swift "All Too Well" to think she won’t be giving the performance of a lifetime. Similar to when she won the American Music Award for Artist of the Year, fans will get a glimpse into every piece of her musical history.

If you’re a fan of Swift, get ready to cry, scream and sing your heart out at one of the shows on the Eras Tour. It will be a moment we’ll never forget. Like her hit off of "reputation" says, "Are you ready for it?"