Switch into autumn mood with these sweater weather binges

As the leaves begin to fall, turn up the volume on your TV and catch up on shows like "Abbott Elementary." – Photo by @PopCrave / X.com

As the weather gets cooler, watching a TV show that perfectly encapsulates autumn is the best way to unwind after a long day of classes.

With a mug full of a pumpkin-flavored drink and a large bowl of popcorn, what's a better way to celebrate than with a fitting TV show? Whether you like horror or comedy, you will enjoy these programs that take place in the fall or embody the season.

"Gilmore Girls"

What may be considered the most iconic fall show to grace TV, "Gilmore Girls" follows teenager Rory Gilmore (Alexis Bledel) and her mother, Lorelai (Lauren Graham), in Stars Hollow, Connecticut. Both characters are obsessed with coffee, a fall staple.

Lorelai works as a hotel manager as Rory starts at a prestigious private school, with hopes to attend an Ivy League university. With Rory's sweater collection, small-town gossip and the perfect vibes at Luke's, a popular diner in Stars Hollow, "Gilmore Girls" is the perfect show to binge all seven seasons of this fall.  

"Charmed" (1998)

If you're looking to tap into the spookier side of the season, there's nothing more fitting than a show about three sisters who find out they're witches.

"Charmed" follows Prue (Shannen Doherty), Piper (Holly Marie Combs) and Phoebe (Alyssa Milano) Halliwell, who live in San Francisco. In addition to figuring out their powers and fighting evil, they must grapple with love and life.

Each episode introduces a new monster that the sisters have to fight off. The sisters recite their spells from a giant book in their cozy attic.

The show, particularly the character of Phoebe, has even found another life in "Fall outfit inspiration" boards on Pinterest. 

"Only Murders In The Building"

In the eyes of some, Halloween is the centerpiece of fall. During this time, the true crime and horror lovers come out.

"Only Murders in the Building" fills this role, following three strangers: Charles-Haden Savage (Steve Martin), Oliver Putnam (Martin Short) and Mabel Mora (Selena Gomez). The three all live in the same apartment building in New York City, bonded by their obsession with true crime.

Their expertise comes in handy when a mysterious murder occurs in the walls of their Upper East Side building. This leads the trio to create a true crime podcast, mirroring the show's title.

The show taking place in the fall in New York City, along with Selena Gomez's wardrobe, constitute "Only Murders In The Building" as the perfect seasonal whodunnit. 

"Pretty Little Liars" and "Pretty Little Liars: Original Sin"

Both "Pretty Little Liars" and its reboot series "Pretty Little Liars: Original Sin" take place during the early weeks of fall, creating the perfect atmosphere for a mystery.

The original series follows a group of friends: Aria Montgomery (Lucy Hale), Hanna Marin (Ashley Benson), Shay Mitchell (Emily Fields) and Spencer Hastings (Troian Bellisario), as they receive anonymous letters threatening to reveal their secrets and ruin their lives.

While this is going on, the girls are also working to find their missing friend Alison DiLaurentis (Sasha Pieterse). The reboot follows a similar storyline, as both series are set in the same town.

The reboot does introduce a new set of girls: Imogen Adams (Bailee a Madison), Noa Olivar (Maia Reficco), Tabitha Haworthe (Chandler Kinney), Minnie Honrada (Malia Pyles) and Faran Bryant (Zaria), as a masked assailant from their mother's past begins to torment them.

With stalkers, high school drama and insane storylines, "Pretty Little Liars" is perfect for the fall season. 

"Abbott Elementary"

Fall means back-to-school season, and "Abbott Elementary" is a relatable viewing for students and teachers.

"Abbott Elementary," which adopts a mockumentary format, follows Janine Teagues (creator Quinta Brunson) and her colleagues: Gregory Eddie (Tyler James Williams), Melissa Schemmenti (Lisa Ann Walter), Barbara Howard (Sheryl Lee Ralph) and Jacob Hill (Chris Perfetti), as they work at a low-income public elementary school in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.

With a comedic and witty principal, Ava Coleman (Janelle James), and a quirky custodian, Mr. Johnson (William Stanford Davis), "Abbott Elementary" will satisfy those looking to relive their childhoods.

Both lovers of fall and TV shows will enjoy these binge-worthy programs as the air turns crisp, so grab your favorite blanket, bake some pumpkin bread and get to streaming!