Take advantage of these productivity apps available at your fingertips

For those anxiety-riddled students drowning in stress, consider downloading these productivity and educational apps. – Photo by Zen Chung / Pexels

As the semester starts to pick up, students may often feel overwhelmed with keeping track of their assignments, clubs and other extracurriculars. Luckily, there's so many resources and apps available to help with organizing their busy schedules.

Check out these digital tools that are available at the click of a button!

Notion

Notion is a digital note-taking, calendar and planner app all in one. With the app, you can fully customize your workspace to meet your preferences, a unique feature that sets it apart from other organizational apps.

Notion allows its users to organize their tasks with due dates, priorities and tags, keeping everything in order. With more than 10,000 easy-to-use templates, the school year becomes so much more manageable. For optimal collaboration, you can also connect your Notion account with Google Calendar and Slack.

FocusPomo

Interested in testing out a new study method? The Pomodoro Technique is a routine designed to beat procrastination and focus on your studies. It involves studying for a specific period, taking a short break and then resuming studying.

Instead of cramming in everything at once, these short breaks are supposed to be effective in preventing you from losing focus and retaining information.

FocusPomo takes that strategy and combines it with a cute, easy-to-use interface. It allows students the opportunity to choose how long they want to study for and how long they want their break to be. For completing a session, users are rewarded with adorable tomatoes.

If a user decides to enable the study timer, the mobile app will block distractions, such as notifications or messages. FocusPomo also has widget features that appear on your home screen, reminding to study and prioritize rest intervals.

For anyone looking for a new study buddy, FocusPomo is the perfect choice, especially for those who get easily distracted.

Grammarly

For Rutgers students, there's no excuse to not use Grammarly. The mobile app and desktop add-on is available as an educational tool for all students, faculty and staff.

Students can easily register for an account with their Rutgers email address and gain access to the all education features Grammarly has to offer, including spell check and grammar suggestions.

If you find writing emails to professors challenging, this app could be a game-changer. The service helps detect tone and lets you how to adjust your language to make communication clearer.

Momentum

Momentum is a free Google Chrome and Safari extension that serves as a productivity dashboard, sending out reminders of important tasks that need to be completed. Instead of the typical Google main screen, when users open a new tab, Momentum will offer an aesthetically pleasing and interactive screen for students.

While it may seem like a minor thing, it provides that extra ounce of inspiration with wise quotes and daily focus goals. Students can also upload their to-do lists, crucial links and bookmarks. It even provides the weather!

Boost your productivity and focus with every new tab using Momentum!

Blush Design

Blush Design is a one-of-a-kind, customizable avatar generator that allows users to create their own icon for projects and presentations. It works as a plugin on your device and, with some creativity, you can create a one-of-a-kind character that fits all your school assignments.

Its sleek designs work for both professional and personal accounts — don't worry about having to draw or edit one yourself. Blush is an optimal storytelling tool that tells employers and professors everything they need to know about you.

Canva

You've probably heard of Canva before, but if you haven't, you're missing out on the one of the most accessible websites out there. Need to whip up a last-minute project? Canva has got you covered.

It's not just suitable for presentations — Canva works well for creating resumes, cover letters and even social media posts. It has a user-friendly interface that anyone can master within a day, equipped with simple collaboration tools to share with all your classmates. "Canva" is the ultimate time-saving tool available on your laptop or phone.

Gratsy

Gratsy is a multipurpose app available for both iOS and Android users. It's ideal for students who want to take time out of their busy schedules to remember the important things: staying hydrated and positive.

Through the app, students can show their gratitude, complete their daily to-do lists and track their mood throughout the day. It works as a journal, calendar and task tracker for students who need reassurance during the hustle and bustle of school life.

You can also establish daily and weekly routines on the app with their scheduler feature — it's a simple and satisfying app that keeps hard-at-work students in check.

To achieve success in and out the classroom, it's important that students maintain a consistent schedule. Boost your productivity and ace your school year by incorporating these apps into your day-to-day.