Rutgers—Camden awarded for student voter engagement efforts in 2022 elections

Rutgers— Camden was awarded by the ALL IN Campus Democracy Challenge for its nonpartisan student voter registration and turnout efforts during the 2022 midterm elections. – Photo by Edmond Dantès / pexels.com

The ALL IN Campus Democracy Challenge awarded Rutgers—Camden for its nonpartisan voter engagement efforts among students during the 2022 midterm elections on September 10, according to a University article

Rutgers—Camden was designated as a Silver Campus, obtaining a 30-39 percent student voting rate. 

The ALL IN Awards aim to foster engagement in democratic processes on college campuses, which includes things like voter registration and turnout. Approximately 1,060 universities, with more than a total of 10 million students enrolled, take part in the challenge, according to the article. 

Jennifer Domagal-Goldman, the executive director of the ALL IN Campus Democracy Challenge, said that the campuses involved in the program are primed to mobilize their communities in anticipation of the 2024 elections. 

In an effort to encourage student participation, the Office of Diversity, Inclusion and Community Engagement and the Rutgers—Camden Votes Coalition hosted an event on Thursday. The event included an informational meeting, lunch and speaker session from Marc Jackson, former NBA player and current analyst for NBC Sports Philadelphia.