All 3 U. campuses rank in top 100 national universities

The 2025 U.S. News & World Report ranked Rutgers—New Brunswick 15th among the top public universities across the country for the second year in a row. – Photo by Christian Sanchez

Rutgers—New Brunswick was ranked at the 15th spot among top public universities across the country for the second year in a row in the 2025 U.S. News & World Report college rankings, according to a University release.

Rutgers—Newark went up to the 39th spot from its prior 40th ranking, and Rutgers—Camden is now at 46th place from its previous 49th.

All three campuses have retained a spot in U.S. News & World's top 100 national universities, with Rutgers—New Brunswick ranking 41st out of the approximately 1,500 colleges scored. 

The report calculates its rankings using 17 key factors, such as outcomes after graduation, first-year retention and graduation rates. 

A factor that is also assessed is social mobility, which indicates how effectively schools enroll and award degrees to economically disadvantaged students. Rutgers—Newark ranked at fifth, Rutgers—Camden at 15th and Rutgers—New Brunswick at 36th, according to the release.

"Our newest rankings reflect our unwavering commitment to academic excellence and the incredible work we are doing to make a Rutgers education more accessible while providing strong support for our accomplished students," said University President Jonathan Holloway.