Rutgers women's soccer hauls in 2024 freshman class

The Rutgers women's soccer team will have nine freshmen join the team for the 2024 season. – Photo by Scarletknights.com

Head coach Mike O'Neill announced the 2024 incoming freshmen class for the Rutgers women’s soccer team on Wednesday. The Scarlet Knights will have nine freshmen join the team next season, five of whom hail from New Jersey.

Shaela Bradley

Midfielder Shaela Bradley is an All-American who plays for the Portland Thorns Academy and La Center High School in La Center, Washington. She scored 137 goals and totaled 49 assists at her alma mater and was named All-Region Player of the Year in 2023.

Bradley was a member of the United States Youth National Team from U14 through U19 and attended the USYNT camp in 2023. 

Gianna Delgado

Midfielder Gianna Delgado hails from Clifton, New Jersey, and played club soccer for the Players Development Academy (PDA). She scored 24 goals and had 14 assists, earning her First Team All-League accolades in her first two seasons with Clifton High School before missing the next two seasons due to injury.

Charlotte Garcia

Forward Charlotte Garcia from East Windsor, New Jersey, currently attends Highstown High School and also plays for PDA. She scored 46 goals, the third-most in Highstown history, earning All-State honors in 2021 and 2022 and was a First Team All-Region selection in 2022. Garcia was named a Top 100 Player in New Jersey Girls Soccer. 

Claire Hammil

Defender Claire Hammil hails from Plymouth, Michigan, and is a three-time ECNL Midwest All-Conference Team selection. Hammil earned an invitation to the United States Youth National Team regional identification camp in 2022.

Mikayla Mandleur

Mikayla Mandleur is a defender and midfielder from East Brunswick, New Jersey, who also plays for PDA. She is an All-American and has All-State, All-Conference and All-Divison honors. 

Mandleur had 29 goals and 45 assists for East Brunswick High School. She was also named ECNL All-Conference First Team with PDA Blue.

Gabby Miller

Midfielder and forward Gabby Miller hails from Shamong, New Jersey, and plays club soccer for PDA. She is a two-time South Jersey Midfield Player of the Year and three-time All-State performer. 

At Seneca High School, Miller had 55 goals and 36 assists, which is the all-time assists record and second-most points and goals in school history. 

Charlotte Mills

Defender Charlotte Mills from Novi, Michigan, attends Northville High School and plays for the Michigan Hawks. She was named Northville’s most valuable offensive player for two seasons. 

Riley Morris

Defender Riley Morris hails from Doylestown, Pennsylvania, and plays for PDA. She is an All-Regional player and was named All-Southeast Pennsylvania and All-League First Team, as well as making the All-America Watch List. Morris had 24 goals and 25 assists at Gwynedd Mercy Academy High School. 

Madelyn O’Neill

Defender Madelyn O’Neill from Jackson, New Jersey, attends Jackson Memorial High School and plays for PDA. With Jackson Memorial, she was part of the Coaches Cup victory. 

O'Neill, the daughter of Rutgers coach O’Neill, played on an ECNL National Championship team with PDA and won three North Atlantic Conference championships. 

Overall, the Knights have five defenders, four midfielders and two forwards joining the team in the fall. Five of the nine recruits hail from New Jersey.

The nine freshmen will join transfer sophomore midfielder Patricia Tsokos from Arkansas. Tsokos has three years of eligibility remaining and played in eight matches with the Razorbacks last season. 

Rutgers will look to build off its 2023 season that saw it make the NCAA Tournament for the 12th straight year. 

“We are ecstatic to officially welcome the incoming 2024 class to Rutgers University,” O’Neill said. “Described as a top recruiting class in the country, this talented group of young women will continue to our high-performance culture both on and off the field.”

For more updates on the Rutgers women's soccer team, follow @TargumSports on X.

To view more of Matthew Mangam's work, follow @matthewmangam on X.