RWJBarnabas Health chief marketing officer recognized as top 60 in health care field

Michael Knecht, the executive vice president and chief marketing and communications officer of Robert Wood Johnson Barnabas Health (RWJBarnabas), was recently named by "Becker's Hospital Report" as 1 of 60 important chief marketing officers specializing in health. – Photo by RWJBarnabas Health / Facebook.com

Michael Knecht, the executive vice president and chief marketing and communications officer of Robert Wood Johnson Barnabas Health (RWJBarnabas), was recently recognized by "Becker's Hospital Review" as 1 of 60 notable chief marketing officers in the health care field, according to a press release.

The list highlights chief marketing officers whose work has allowed their health care centers to rise to prominence, the publication said.

Knecht's nomination announcement said that his role involves communications, marketing and collaboration and that he played an important role in establishing RWJBarnabas as one of the state's most iconic health facilities, referencing the 2016 merger of Robert Wood Johnson Health and Barnabas Health.

Additionally, the publication acknowledged Knecht's contributions to RWJBarnabas' marketing surrounding social issues, such as diversity efforts, in the span of his thirty-year career.

"Working with trusted outlets and community leaders, he has built RWJBarnabas Health's reputation as an organization that communicates often and transparently," the release said.