School bus crashes into Edison home, injures 2 middle schoolers

A school bus operating for the Edison Board of Education crashed into a house this morning, injuring two students.  – Photo by Maximilian Simson / Unsplash

This morning, a school bus crashed into a house in Edison, injuring two students, according to an article by My Central Jersey.

The crash occurred just after 8 a.m., and the injured students were among a group of 28 children headed to John Adams Middle School in Edison.

The two injured students were taken to a local hospital by their parents and were released after being treated for minor injuries.

The bus' brakes reportedly failed as the bus was approaching the intersection of Ziga Lane and Rahway Road in the Northern portion of Edison, leading to the crash.

The students on the bus were evaluated by the school nurse and school counselors and were taken to school by a replacement bus.

The house hit by the bus was occupied, but those inside at the time of the crash were not injured. The house was deemed unsafe due to severe structural damage and has been condemned by Edison officials.

The New Jersey Department of Transportation and the New Jersey Motor Vehicle Commission will investigate what caused the crash and why the brakes may have failed.

Editor's note: A previous version of this article referred to a My Central Jersey article as an article from NJ Advanced Media.