Greg Schiano, Christian Dremel speak with media ahead of away game at Wisconsin

Head coach Greg Schiano has relied on senior wide receiver Christian Dremel in the wide reciever room this season for the Rutgers football team.  – Photo by Ben Solomon / ScarletKnights.com

Rutgers head football coach Greg Schiano and senior wide receiver Christian Dremel spoke to the media ahead of the Scarlet Knights (4-1, 1-1) game against Wisconsin on Saturday.

Schiano began his press conference by pointing out some of the Badgers' (3-1, 1-0) strengths as a team. He stated that the game this weekend will present a challenge for Rutgers.

"They do a great job of running the football," Schiano said. "They have several different schemes that they run the football with. So it's going to be a huge challenge for all those reasons, and the biggest reason is good players."

Schiano specifically spotlighted Braelon Allen as someone the Knights' defense will need to key in on. Allen has 371 rushing yards this season, six touchdowns and is averaging 7.1 yards per carry. Allen has also contributed in the receiving game with 16 catches for 50 yards.

Looking at Wisconsin's defense, Schiano emphasized how it plays with great technique and effort.

"Their hands, very heavy-handed front," Schiano said. "Their linebackers, they have actually three or four of them that are really fine players. We've seen some of them in the past but good players. Really, the front seven is gonna be tough, very tough physically and they’re really good at hitting their fits."

Schiano also briefly touched on the high-performing Badgers special teams.

"In special teams, they’re really good," Schiano said. "They have good personnel, big personnel that can run and they utilize them on their team. So it's going to be a challenge in every area."

Dremel also spoke to the media this week, mentioning the growth he's seen in his teammates both on and off the field.

"I think we've been able to continuously improve in our execution, and I think just like any other season, I think this season in particular, we've been able to grow closer as an offense," Dremel said.

Dremel emphasized how great the wide receiver room is and commended the coaches on their leadership.

"Our room is just a bunch of tough guys that have been through a lot in our careers, and we just kind of carry that with us every day," Dremel said. "We just work hard, and we all have great relationships with each other."

When discussing the Badgers, Dremel called the team a storied program and brought up the success that the team has had this season.

"Like any other week, the goal is to go out there and by the end of the week be 1-0," Dremel said. "I think it's just a great opportunity to go out there to Wisconsin and battle a really great program."

Schiano mentioned to the media how much of an impact Dremel has made this season and credited Dremel’s dedication to the game.

"Dremel's been a steady guy for us," Schiano said. "He's made big plays, and he’s playing with pain ... He's just someone who lives it, he studies everything and works his tail off in the off-season."

Rutgers' game against Wisconsin will kick off this Saturday at noon in Madison, Wisconsin. The game will be televised on Peacock and broadcast on 88.7 WRSU-FM and WFAN.

For more updates on the Rutgers football team, follow @TargumSports on X.