Rutgers men's basketball lands 3-star 2024 prospect Dylan Grant

2024 three-star forward Dylan Grant is the fourth commit in the 2024 recruiting class and looks to add athleticism and tenacity to the Rutgers men's basketball team. – Photo by @TiptonEdits / X.com

The Rutgers men's basketball team has secured yet another commitment in its coveted 2024 recruiting class. Three-star power forward Dylan Grant announced his decision to join the Scarlet Knights on Monday via social media.

The announcement marks the fourth commitment in Rutgers' historic 2024 class. Grant joins five-star forward Airious "Ace" Bailey, three-star center Lathan Sommerville and three-star forward Bryce Dortch. The Knights' 2024 recruiting class currently ranks No. 2 in the nation, trailing only North Carolina's 2024 recruiting class.

Grant hails from Warren, Michigan, and currently plays high school basketball for Michigan Collegiate. He stands at 6-foot-7 and weighs in at 205 pounds. Holding a 247Sports composite three-star rating, Grant has earned a three-star status from 247Sports, On3 and Rivals and holds a four-star rating from ESPN.

Before committing to Rutgers, Grant received offers from seven other programs, including Cincinnati, Depaul, Loyola Chicago and VCU. Grant's decision to commit escalated rapidly. The forward received an offer from the Knights just a few weeks ago, but it was reported that Grant visited the campus in early August. 

Grant primarily plays the power-forward position but has plenty of versatility in his game.

"I am a versatile player (who) is able to guard various positions. I don't shy away from hard work, and my athleticism has proven to be an asset on the court," Grant said. "Offensively, I like to take it downhill off the dribble and to the rim or stretch the floor for a shot."

Much of Grant's commitment can be attributed to Marlon Williamson, Rutgers' newest assistant coach. Williamson is from Detroit and previously coached at Central Michigan before joining the Knights' coaching staff earlier this summer. With this background, Williamson led the way in the recruiting process of Grant as they both hail from the Mitten State.

It could be just the start of Williamson's recruiting wins in Michigan, as the class of 2025's five-star Trey McKenney has scheduled a visit with Rutgers. McKenney hails from Flint, Michigan, and has played with Grant in the past, as they were teammates in the EYBL Circuit on their team "The Family."

Head coach Steve Pikiell continues to prove himself as a coach and recruiter that players trust.

"I feel blessed to have the opportunity to learn from the experienced coaching staff at Rutgers," said Grant. "Coach Pikiell brings a wealth of knowledge in the game of basketball. I see (the team's) vision, and I believe in it."

This vision that Grant speaks of could include a commitment from fellow five-star 2024 recruit Dylan Harper in the near future. As Pikiell continues to bolster up his recruiting class, all eyes remain set on Harper, the No. 2 ranked recruit in the country for the class of 2024.

Until that time potentially comes, Grant's commitment will hold Knights fans over and keep the excitement rolling, as he is set to be an excellent addition to the program's future.

"Scarlet Knights! Tune in," said Grant. "Looking forward to packing the stands of Jersey Mike's Arena. Let's be great!"

For more updates on the Rutgers men's basketball team, follow @TargumSports on Twitter.