If you're new to anime, try some of these great titles

If you're looking for anime to binge, look no further than "Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba" and the other shows on this list. – Photo by @DemonSlayerUSA / Twitter

For many anime fans, spring and summer usually bring the most exciting titles forward, and this year is absolutely no exception. From the new "Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba" season to some more underrated titles, like "Skip and Loafer," whatever you're in the mood for, this season is sure to have.

"Oshi no Ko"

While having a seemingly odd premise, "Oshi no Ko" has one of the best storylines I've read in recent years. It follows a pair of twins, Ruby and Aqua, as they navigate the sinister underbelly of the music industry in Japan.

Ruby dreams of becoming an idol like her mom, and the story follows parallel plot lines as the twins discover the best-kept secrets of the entertainment industry while trying to find out who or what is behind all of the events that have taken place.

This anime is fun, fast-paced and full of excellent quips from every character. It relays important messages about trust, the entertainment industry and ambition, and it is an amazing watch for anyone looking to shake up their watchlist.

"Skip and Loafer"

This is a newer shoujo entry, but "Skip to Loafer" has easily become one of my favorites in the genre. With its realistic conflicts and adorably dorky main character, "Skip and Loafer" revives the romance enthusiast in anyone who comes across this show.

Despite the main plot line being focused on romance, Mitsumi Iwakura and her girl friends are all strong, exceptionally capable women with fleshed-out personalities and dynamic relationships. This type of extremely precise characterization is rare, and it really gives the viewers a sense of how these characters will act in future chapters.

Each character plays to the other's strengths and weaknesses, making for delightfully charming banter between each of them. If you're looking for a new shoujo to watch, put "Skip and Loafer" on your list.

"Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba"

"Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba" (Japanese: 鬼滅の刃) is one of the most popular new generation shounen animes, with the manga selling millions of copies worldwide. The show's arc follows Tanjiro Kamado as he makes his way to the swordsmith village because his katana is almost destroyed.

This arc is anything but tame. It manages to introduce new personalities while focusing on Tanjiro's desire to get stronger. "Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba" is a wonderful continuation of the show so far and is only guaranteed to draw more fans into Tanjiro, Nezuko Kamado and others' personal journeys.

"Mashle: Magic and Muscles"

I absolutely adore anime that parodies other media or knows how to make fun of itself. "Mashle: Magic and Muscles" fits the bill on both parts. The story is set in a world where a facial mark determines if one possesses the power to use magic and those who can't are banished from society. Mash Burnedead, the main character, is unable to use magic but is physically gifted.

While others in his world use complicated spells to win their battles, Mash uses the power of triceps and biceps to flex his way to victory.

Mash is a deadpan character compared to his more colorful peers, making for a wonderfully funny dynamic set of relationships featured in the show. If you liked "The Disastrous Life of Saiki K" or any similar anime, "Mashle: Magic and Muscles" is a must-watch.

"Mashle: Magic and Muscles" is available to watch on Crunchyroll.

"Ao no Orchestra"

For all my musicians out there, this one's for you. It follows a young boy named Hajime Aono, a prodigious violinist, and Ritsuko Akine, a beginner musician with great potential. A friendship blossoms between the two of them over their shared passion for music.

While some of the show's pacing is odd, and a few plot points are awkwardly introduced, "Ao no Orchestra" is a manga that never fails to make me smile. If it feels cringey at times, it's important to remember that these are first-year students in high school.

They're learning what is important to them in their own unique way, and I think the celebration of childhood is wonderful. If you like feel-good, heartfelt stories, watch "Ao no Orchestra."

Finals are coming up, and when they're done, you'll have all the time in the world to watch these great anime. Whether you're new to the game or you've been a fan for years, all of these anime shows are worth your time.