What happened at Frelinghuysen Hall? RUPD investigates

Frelinghuysen Hall on the College Avenue campus displays boarded up and shattered windows after an unidentified individual threw rocks at the residence hall on Thursday. – Photo by Arishita Gupta

On Thursday night, an unidentified individual threw rocks at Frelinghuysen Hall on the College Avenue campus, breaking multiple windows on the ground floor.

The Rutgers University Police Department (RUPD) said in a statement to The Daily Targum that the suspect is not in police custody and that no individuals were injured in the incident.

The suspect is described as male, approximately 5-foot-9 or 5-foot-10, wearing a green hooded jacket, dark-colored pants and a face mask, according to the statement from the RUPD.

The RUPD received a report of the incident at approximately 7:36 p.m., but the suspect was not on the scene upon police arrival. The police also discerned that the rocks the suspect threw were taken from the bus stop outside the Student Activities Center near the residence hall.

The incident is currently under investigation by the RUPD Detective Bureau. The nature of the crime is criminal mischief with damage, according to the RUPD Daily Crime and Fire Safety Log.

Videos of the incident circulated on Instagram and various other social media sites. The video posted by Barstool Rutgers' Instagram account amassed nearly 3,000 likes.