Say goodbye to winter with these springtime ready tracks

Heat up your playlist as the weather gets warmer with these springtime jams. – Photo by Fausto García-Menéndez / Unsplash

Spring is upon us, meaning it’s time to get excited for the new season and the warm weather — and what better way to get ready for spring than with a new playlist?

Whether you’re an avid Spotify fan or a dedicated Apple Music user, new songs on your playlists are always a must. Transitioning into springtime means that it's time to turn off our go-to sad playlist and come out of winter hibernation.

My favorite way to do that is by listening to upbeat, exciting music that makes you want to dance and have fun. I mean, who doesn’t love driving down the highway blasting music with their friends with the windows down? It’s one of the best parts of the spring and summer seasons.

Below are my favorite song recommendations to kickstart your spring playlist for your transition into the new season.

Lightning” by Charli XCX

“Lightning” is a brand new song fresh off of Charli’s latest album “Crash.” The song features 80s synths, energetic drums and a catchy chorus. Plus, it wouldn’t be a Charli XCX song without a play into the hyperpop genre that she's known for.

“Lightning” makes you want to get up and dance and introduces a feeling of nostalgia while also being extremely modern and fresh. This is the perfect song to blast while driving in the warm weather with the windows down. Trust me, I’ve done it.

august” by Taylor Swift

“august” is a calming yet invigorating song off of Swift’s eighth studio album “folklore.” This song is one of my favorites off the album, and even though it is almost two years old, it feels brand new every time I hear it.

Swift’s soft-spoken vocals paired with the mellow guitar strums and subdued instrumentals are a match made in heaven. “august” has one of my favorite bridges by Swift, invoking wistful feelings of love and excitement, which makes this song another contender for best songs to scream when you’re alone in the car.

SCOOP” by Lil Nas X feat. Doja Cat

“SCOOP” is an invigorating hype-up anthem from Lil Nas X’s new studio album “MONTERO.” On top of being a fun song about self-love, personal development, and being the main character, it also has a Doja Cat feature.

Doja Cat can make any song better, and her charisma and playful flow help accentuate this bright pop-rap track. “SCOOP” is the perfect song to hit the gym with if you’re working toward your summer body or to jam out to anywhere else.

Jaguar” by Victoria Monét

“Jaguar” is the title track of Victoria Monét’s latest project and for good reason. This song plays with layered harmonies, intricate background vocals and live trumpets that add excitement to the upbeat track.

Monét is, in my opinion, an extremely underrated and talented artist with phenomenal songwriting skills and a unique smoky alto voice that compliments her modern rhythm and blues style perfectly.

This song is an absolute must but make sure to check out the rest of the album while you’re at it. “Jaguar” is the perfect mix of modern production, live instrumentation and soft, yet, impactful vocals that make you want to get up and dance.

You” by Regard, Troye Sivan and Tate McRae

“You” is an upbeat pop dance track by DJ Regard featuring Troye Sivan and Tate McRae.

First of all: Who doesn’t love Troye Sivan? His soft voice flows beautifully over the song's glowing electronic beat and accentuates the lyrics, dealing with themes of heartbreak and the internal struggle of moving on.

Tate McRae also adds a shiny and youthful touch to the track, helping to seamlessly blend their two voices together with the instrumentation.

Whether you're planning on embracing the warm weather or staying inside, spring has sprung, and it's time to adjust your music accordingly — hopefully by adding one of these songs to your spring 2022 playlist.