RUPD investigates robbery on Bishop Place near College Avenue

The Rutgers University Police Department (RUPD) reminded students to report suspicious activity after a robbery took place near College Avenue. – Photo by HenryW

The Rutgers University Police Department (RUPD) is currently investigating a robbery that reportedly occurred on Sunday at approximately 8:45 p.m., according to a University-wide email alert.

In this incident, the victim, who is affiliated with the University, reported that he was approached by multiple male perpetrators on Bishop Place near College Avenue.

The perpetrators demanded items of value and struck the victim twice with a closed fist, after which the victim fled the area, according to the email. The perpetrators were then observed to flee down College Avenue toward Mine Street.

This incident did not involve weapons, and the victim sustained minor injuries and refused further medical attention. The descriptions of the perpetrators are currently limited.

The RUPD reminded students to stay alert to people and their surroundings, avoid isolated areas and report suspicious activity to the police immediately, according to the email. In addition, the RUPD said that students should walk in groups when traveling during late hours.