Sick of loud libraries? These underrated Rutgers study spots are waiting for you

The bright, natural light of Rutgers Business School on Livingston campus is just one of many different study ambiances you can find at some of Rutgers' most underrated study locations. – Photo by Rutger.edu

As college students, we all know that staying on top of your studying, while difficult, is a massive part of the college experience. Being in the right environment and having the right study vibes is as equally important as studying itself.

So if you're like me and you can't just sit at home to study, it's important to find inspiration elsewhere. Try out these five study spots across all of the Rutgers campuses that are the perfect getaway from your residence hall or apartment so you can hit the books in style.

Red Lion Café on the College Avenue campus

Red Lion Café is located on the G2 floor of the Rutgers Student Center on the College Avenue campus. It's cozy, with dimly lit ambient lighting and a variety of comfy couches and chairs as well as TVs for entertainment.

The cafe is super spacious and usually pretty quiet. Not many people know about it, so there are never too many people there, which is great for when you need a quiet space to work. The Red Lion Café is also right below the food court — if you get hungry while you're working hard to get those As, you can grab yourself a well-deserved snack!

Leupp Lounge on the College Avenue campus

If you live in Bishop Quad on the College Avenue campus, then Leupp Lounge is the place to be for studying. It's cozy and rustic, with wood covering almost every inch of the room, including the furniture and a real wood-burning fireplace. If you're into a cabin-style or ski-resort vibe, Leupp Lounge is the perfect spot for you.

Mabel Smith Douglass Library

All of Douglass campus, especially the outdoor areas like Passion Puddle, is honestly the perfect vibe for studying with a cottagecore vibe. But when it's too cold to be out on the lawn taking in the beauty of Douglass campus, the Mabel Smith Douglass Library is the perfect place to hide away from the cold and get work done.

It's both spacious and quiet, perfect for studying, with lots of windows and beautiful views of the campus. The library also has some really cool sections if you happen to venture off on a study break — there are record player rooms where you can borrow vinyl records and listen to music, as well as a section dedicated to Broadway, TV and movie scores.

It's such a fun and exciting library (I know, a library, exciting, right?) and definitely worth the trip for a cozy study session.

Rutgers Business School on Livingston campus

The Rutgers Business School is probably one of the coolest buildings at Rutgers, and it features some of the most unique architecture on campus — it's made almost entirely of windows, so there's a ton of natural light, which is excellent for studying.

There are many open areas to sit and study throughout the building, including couches, fun and comfy armchairs, desks with computers and benches. One of those spots is bound to be the right fit for you! And, when you visit, you get to spend your time studying to get those good grades and experiencing one of the coolest buildings at school — that seems like a win in my book.

Busch Student Center

The Busch Student Center is one of my favorite spots on campus to study or just relax. It's one of the biggest student centers on campus and has so many different amenities and study areas to meet every person's needs.

There are many couches and armchairs available, which are my personal favorite places to sit when studying. There are also tables and closed conference rooms if you need more privacy or are gathering up friends or classmates for a group study session.

The Busch Student Center truly meets the needs of all when it comes to study spaces, and is pretty quiet for the most part, which is definitely crucial. The Center also has a great food court, so when you get hungry from all that hard work and studying, you can grab a bite to eat then get back to hitting the books.

While Alexander Library on the College Avenue campus or James Dickson Carr Library on Livingston campus might be the more popular study spots on campus for your next cram session, finding a place to settle down that's less populated might just be the best choice for your grades — and for your sanity.