Starbucks or Dunkin'? Grab one of these holiday treats on your next coffee run

Whether you're loyal to Starbucks or a huge fan of Dunkin', the various delicious holiday drinks and snacks these coffee giants offer are bound to warm up your winter.  – Photo by Starbucks /  Twitter

There are so many different types of food and drink options at Dunkin’ and Starbucks, and the choice of where to go can be difficult. On the holiday menu especially, there are a multitude of drinks from both franchises that will blow you away — no matter which location you choose for your morning pick-me-up or a holiday treat.

Hot chocolate 

Starbucks' first option of holiday drinks this season is the toasted white hot chocolate. In my personal experience, this hot chocolate has flavors that you could never even dream of. The caramelized white chocolate and steamed milk make for creamy, delicious and sweet hot chocolate that you could never pull off at home. This is the absolute perfect drink to warm you up.

At Starbucks, there's also the peppermint white hot chocolate, which contains a sweet twist on the classic holiday drink. This drink is topped with whipped cream, chocolate curls and a mocha drizzle. If you're not a fan of white chocolate, try the plain peppermint hot chocolate, which is a classic holiday hot chocolate that Starbucks serves every year. The peppermint syrup added to the hot chocolate is a favorite of mine — and I highly recommend it on a cold day.

Dunkin' is serving a new white mocha hot chocolate, a reimagined traditional holiday drink with a beautiful creamy taste to it. White chocolate tops it, but the one thing it lacks is the whipped cream on top. It gives a nice warm-up to your day.

Lattes

At Dunkin’, I love to get lattes, and it was amazing to see all the wonderful options that they have for the holiday season.

For peppermint lovers, there's a peppermint mocha latte, which is back by popular demand. This beverage provides both a hot and iced option, and other than the peppermint flavor, it's topped with mocha drizzle, whipped cream and cocoa powder.

Dunkin' also offers the toasted white chocolate latte, a creamy, rich white chocolate flavor that's topped with whipped cream, caramel drizzle and cinnamon sugar.

Starbucks has so many drinks this holiday season — my favorite? The sugar cookie almond milk latte. For all you coffee lovers out there, this latte is not only tasty, but it's also particularly holiday-friendly. There's not only the steamed almond milk and the blonde roast espresso for a pick-me-up, but there's also festive red and green sprinkles that make it more geared toward the holiday season.

Starbucks also has its iconic chestnut praline latte if you're looking for something with plenty of holiday spice — the perfect taste for the winter season!

Starbucks is also serving its caramel brulée latte, and it's extremely delicious and perfect for anyone with a sweet tooth. The caramel brulée latte is a tasty combination of steamed milk and caramel brulée sauce that will blow your mind. It's additionally topped with whipped cream and even more caramel brulée bits.

Food 

While there are so many different food options at both places, nothing can compete with one of Starbucks' holiday options. That is, of course, the buttery shortbread snowman cookie, which is adorably dressed up in a scarf with buttons. It reminds me of "Frosty the Snowman" — although I think that kind of holiday spirit-stirring was the intention.

At Dunkin', there are a variety of different holiday donuts that you can choose from, starting with the chocolate, vanilla or strawberry frosted holly berry sprinkles donuts, all of which are excellent snacks to spread holiday cheer.

Whether your loyalty lies with Starbucks or Dunkin', these are the absolute best coffee shop options of the holiday season. Which one will you choose this year?