Rutgers students must upload vaccination information by Aug. 1 or U. will block NetID access

Students who do not upload their vaccination records will be blocked from any Rutgers applications requiring a login, including Canvas and other academic sites.  – Photo by Sakina Pervez

Students must get their coronavirus disease (COVID-19) vaccine and upload their vaccination records by Aug. 1 or they will have their NetID access blocked, disabling them from continuing with academic work, said Rutgers—New Brunswick Chancellor-Provost Francine Conway in a University-wide email sent on Tuesday.

This includes students living on and off-campus but excludes students in degree programs that have exclusively offered online courses since before the pandemic, she said, according to the email. Undergraduate and graduate students in programs that would normally be in-person are not exempt, regardless of any online courses they are taking.

Without NetID access, students cannot use any Rutgers applications requiring a login, including myRutgers, Canvas, ScarletMail, WebReg and the housing portal, Conway said, according to the email. Those who have received on-campus housing also will not receive keys to their residences.

Students can check the status of their uploads at the immunization portal and find detailed information on reviewing the status on the vaccine webpage.

“We understand that you have a lot to do before starting the semester and want to make sure that the COVID-19 vaccine mandate is complete so you can enjoy a safe and healthy academic experience,” Conway said. “We look forward to seeing you on campus and in classrooms.”

University President Jonathan Holloway previously sent an email on July 15 reminding students to get vaccinated and to upload their vaccination records if they plan on returning in the fall.