Rutgers sees lowest proportion positivity rate since September 2020 with latest testing data

Out of the total 8,815 coronavirus disease (COVID-19) tests performed for the week ending April 24, 32 tests came back positive, with students making up 19 of the positive results.  – Photo by Qns.com

Rutgers released its Weekly University Health Update today with coronavirus disease (COVID-19) testing data for the week of April 18 to April 24.

Of the 8,815 tests performed, 32 came back positive and 8,751 came back negative. Thirty-two tests were inconclusive, according to the University’s Testing Program Dashboard.

The positive test results were made up of 19 students and 13 employees, according to the dashboard. 

Rutgers—New Brunswick had 17 positive test results, according to the dashboard, while Rutgers—Newark had six and Rutgers Biomedical and Health Sciences (RBHS)—Newark had four. 

Additionally, RBHS—New Brunswick/Piscataway had three positive test results and Rutgers—Camden had zero, according to the dashboard. 

The weekly proportion positive rate decreased to 0.36 percent, compared to the previous week’s 0.62 percent, according to the dashboard. The rate has now decreased for four consecutive weeks and is the lowest it has been since Sept. 5, 2020. 

Since the start of the University’s testing program in May 2020, a total of 269,019 tests have been performed, with 3,004 positive results, 265,176 negative results and 839 inconclusive tests, according to the dashboard. In total, 1.12 percent of tests came back positive, while 98.57 percent came back negative.