Rutgers releases coronavirus testing data update

The proportion positivity rate for the week ending April 3 decreased to 1.02 percent after rising for three consecutive weeks. – Photo by Pixabay.com

Rutgers released its Weekly University Health Update yesterday with coronavirus disease (COVID-19) testing data for the week of March 28 to April 3.

Of the 9,884 tests performed, 101 came back positive and 9,750 came back negative. Thirty-three tests were inconclusive, according to the University’s Testing Program Dashboard.

Students made up 68 of the positive test results, with 32 employees and one Rutgers affiliate also testing positive, according to the dashboard.

Rutgers—New Brunswick had 76 positive test results and Rutgers—Camden had 11, according to the dashboard.

Additionally, both Rutgers—Newark and Rutgers Biomedical and Health Sciences (RBHS)—New Brunswick/Piscataway had six positive test results each, according to the dashboard, while RBHS—Newark had two.

The weekly proportion positivity rate decreased to 1.02 percent, compared to the previous week’s 1.39 percent, after rising for three consecutive weeks, according to the dashboard. 

Since the start of the University’s testing program in May 2020, a total of 226,945 tests were performed, with 2,790 positive results, 223,426 negative results and 729 inconclusive tests, according to the dashboard. Overall, 1.23 percent of tests came back positive, while 98.45 percent came back negative.