Rutgers online vaccine registration now open

Those who indicate interest in getting vaccinated for the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) at the University through the online portal will receive email notifications regarding eligibility and appointment availability. – Photo by Flickr.com

An online coronavirus disease (COVID-19) vaccine portal is now available for members of the University community to register their interest in getting vaccinated at Rutgers, according to a University-wide email sent today.

Rutgers has been approved by the state to distribute vaccines at three of its own sites once supplies become available, The Daily Targum previously reported.

“Once our supply allotment has been determined and supplied by the state, we will offer vaccines to Rutgers faculty, staff and students on our Camden, Newark and New Brunswick campuses,” said Rutgers Biomedical and Health Sciences Chancellor Brian L. Strom and Rutgers Biomedical and Health Sciences Senior Vice Chancellor Vicente Gracias, according to the email.

Those who fill out the questionnaire indicating interest in getting a vaccine from the University will be notified via email about eligibility and appointment availability.

The University encourages individuals to register for state vaccination as well and to get vaccinated at the earliest opportunity wherever available, according to the email. It also encourages those who have already received the vaccine to share their COVID-19 vaccination records to help inform the University’s planning process.

Faculty and staff should upload their COVID-19 vaccination records to the vaccine portal, and students should upload theirs to the Rutgers Medicat portal, according to the email. An immunization record must be completed even if a student is requesting an exemption from the vaccine for medical or religious reasons.