Rutgers swimming and diving produces personal records against No. 5 Michigan, Michigan State

Junior Jenna Douglass set a personal record on the 1-meter dive, scoring a 274.80 – Photo by Rutgers Swimming & Diving / Twitter

This past Saturday, the Rutgers swimming and diving team took on Michigan and Michigan State. The tri-meet took place at Donald B. Canham Natatorium in Ann Arbor, Michigan.

The Scarlet Knights came in third but posted some notable results. Junior Jenna Douglass broke her personal record on the 1-meter dive after getting .05 points away from her personal best the weekend before. Her new record is 274.80, which beats her 273.45 mark from 2018.

Junior Megan Demeo had Rutgers’ best score on the 3-meter dive, finishing fourth with a 254.35 mark.

“Jenna demonstrated her consistency on (1) meter improving her qualifying score by almost 2 points,” said head diving coach Frederick Woodruff. “Both Jenna and Megan competed well and showed technical improvement, which is great to see with (the Big Ten Championships) only a month away.”

The Knights’ second personal record of the day came in the 100-yard freestyle. Junior Kasja Dymek came in third but logged her personal best of 53.76 seconds. She came in second during the 100-yard butterfly, finishing in 57.89 seconds. She also competed in the 50-yard freestyle, where she ended in 24.75 seconds.

Junior Katie Dougherty swam in three events. Her best finish came in the form of a fourth-place ending in the 400 individual medley. She swam the multiple strokes in 4:39.82 minutes. Next, Dougherty swam the 200-yard butterfly in 2:08.53 minutes, good for fifth place. Her final event ended in a sixth-place finish in the 200-yard breaststroke. Her time was 2:34.13 minutes.

In the long-distance events, junior Yael Weber clocked in at 2:02.92 minutes for the 200-yard freestyle, landing her in fifth place. She completed the 500-yard freestyle in 5:34.93 minutes, good for fourth place.

Rutgers is back in action on Feb. 6 to take on Indiana and Purdue at 11 a.m. The No. 12 Hoosiers took second place behind the No. 5 Wolverines at a tri-meet earlier in the season and most recently bested Ohio State. The Boilermakers are coming off a last-place finish at a tri-meet with Minnesota and Wisconsin.

For updates on the Rutgers swimming and diving team, follow @TargumSports on Twitter.