Rutgers updates coronavirus testing results

Testing results are slightly delayed due to the high volume of tests conducted before Thanksgiving. – Photo by Wikimedia

Rutgers released coronavirus disease (COVID-19) testing results from the week of Nov. 15 to Nov. 21.

Out of the 4,788 tests performed, 83 came back positive, 4,692 were negative and 13 results were inconclusive, according to the University’s Testing Program Dashboard

Due to the large amount of tests performed prior to Thanksgiving, the University is experiencing delays in results, according to the dashboard. More results may be added to the dashboard in the upcoming days. 

Students constituted 67 of the positive test results, with 15 employees and one Rutgers affiliate also testing positive, according to the dashboard.

Rutgers—New Brunswick had 55 positive results, while Rutgers Biomedical and Health Sciences (RBHS)—Newark had nine, Rutgers—Newark and Rutgers—Camden each had seven and RBHS—New Brunswick/Piscataway had four, according to the dashboard.

The weekly proportion positivity rate dropped to 1.73 percent compared to the previous week’s rate of 2.09 percent, according to the dashboard. The proportion positivity rate had previously risen for two consecutive weeks. 

Since the start of the University’s testing program in May, 64,917 tests were conducted, with a total of 665 positive cases, 64,060 negative results and 192 inconclusive tests, according to the dashboard. Overall, 1.02 percent of the total test results were positive, while 98.68 percent came back negative.