NBPD arrests individual for looking into residences

The Rutgers University Police Department said individuals should contact law enforcement if they witness suspicious activity. – Photo by Pxfuel

The New Brunswick Police Department (NBPD) recently arrested the suspect involved in previous reports of a male allegedly looking into residences in the Fifth and Sixth wards, according to a University-wide email.

The suspect, 33-year-old Manuel Molina-Noyola of Franklin Township, was arrested on Friday following an investigation by the NBPD, according to the email. 

Molina-Noyola has been charged with three counts of Criminal Trespass and two counts of Peering into Windows, according to a news release from the NBPD. 

The Daily Targum previously reported one of the incidents occurred on Richardson Street at a residence inhabited by Rutgers affiliates between the hours of 11 p.m. on Oct. 30 and 2 a.m. on Oct. 31. A University-wide email concerning this investigation was sent out on Nov. 3. 

Witnesses involved in this incident saw Molina-Noyola hiding in bushes and moving between multiple residences attempting to look inside, according to the release. The investigation connected Molina-Noyola to other incidents of the same nature.

Anyone with information concerning this investigation should contact the NBPD's Detective Bureau.

The Rutgers University Police Department said students should remain aware of their surroundings, keep all doors locked and report suspicious activity to law enforcement, according to the email.