Best Black Friday deals that can’t be ignored

Black Friday is usually celebrated after Thanksgiving, but this year online sales have started early.  – Photo by Pixabay

As the year comes to a close, we prepare for the most festive and joy-filled season of the year. Black Friday is one of the biggest retail holidays, helping shoppers everywhere cross items off of their Christmas lists. Each year millions of people line up after their Thanksgiving dinners to get the best deals at some of the biggest retail names in the U.S.

The year 2020 has been a rollercoaster ride and has taken a lot away from so many people. The holidays will definitely look a bit different this year and Black Friday is no different. Even with the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) pandemic around, the holidays aren’t doomed and your Black Friday is not canceled. 

The lines this year will be shorter and more people will shop online, which may be a good idea: no lines, no waiting in the cold and no traveling. But, for those of you who like getting out there, and those who would rather sit in their pajamas eating leftover Thanksgiving dinner, here are some in-person and online stores with the deals for your Black Friday needs.

Here are the five best Black Friday deals of 2020:

Target

Target has been promoting its Black Friday plans since October, with a full month of deals starting from the beginning of November. As for Black Friday itself, Target stores will be closed on Thanksgiving but reopen at 7 a.m. on Friday morning and remain open with regular business hours. 

Online deals are endless and have been going on since Nov. 1 with some of the biggest deals and savings from Target are $50 off the Apple Watch Series 6 and the AirPods Pro. 

Women’s and children’s clothing items start at $4 and men’s clothing start at approximately $10. Maybe the best deals, in my opinion, are headphones and earbuds sales with 50 percent off brands like Beats and Sony.

Target is known for the best deals every day, but this Black Friday it is stepping up its game and giving us great prices all month long on some of the hottest items out right now! 

Walmart

Walmart and Black Friday are basically synonymous. It’s known for its crazy Black Friday deals, with even crazier lines and fights over the latest TV flat screen! 

This year, Walmart is not backing out of its yearly Black Friday traditions with stores closing on Thanksgiving as per usual but reopening during regular business hours on Friday. It’s also having online deals throughout the month of November like Target. 

Some deals to look out for, whether online or in-store, are the new Play Station 5 and Xbox Series X, $50 off Apple AirPods Pro and Apple Watch Series 6 (similar to Target).

Other sales include the Google Nest Mini on sale for $18.98, printers starting at $19 and the new Cricut machine for the arts and crafts lover, for approximately $140 which includes $80 worth of free photo materials. 

Amazon

Although Amazon is not a store that you have to wait in line for right after Thanksgiving dinner, it has a crazy amount of deals on Black Friday and Cyber Monday, and you can shop from the comfort of your own home. 

Some of this year's stellar deals include the Kindle with a built in light for approximately $59.99, the new Echo Dot for $18.99, 33 percent off of Bose headphones, 30 percent off of Adidas activewear and much more. Amazon always has some great sales and this Black Friday is no different, so go and take advantage of these incredible bargains!

Best Buy

Best Buy is always bustling right after Thanksgiving dinner and all day Black Friday. It’s known for its deals on smartphones and TVs. This year it doesn’t plan to make things fully remote and continue with a non-pandemic Black Friday schedule, opening at 5 a.m. and closing at the usual time on Friday night. 

It’s also offering online deals starting a few days before Thanksgiving.

Some deals to look out for include: the EOS Canon Rebel T7 for $499, which includes a camera bag and extra lens, a free Apple Watch band with the purchase of an Apple watch, 50 percent off of Beats earbuds, up to $300 off HP laptops and so much more. It’s definitely worth braving the cold at 4 a.m. in line.

DICK’S Sporting Goods

For all of you athletic people out there or for anyone who has an outdoorsy or sporty person in their life, DICK’S Sporting Goods is having a “10 Days of Black Friday” sale. Brands like Nike, Adidas, Under Armour and more are being marked down and there are deals going on storewide. 

Select footwear are 25 percent off, National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) hoodies and collegiate apparel start at $19.98 and there are some cool holiday exclusive items now on sale, like free personalization on select golf ball purchases.

These deals are both online and in-store, so whatever way you like to do your shopping, there are the deals waiting for you.