Rutgers updates weekly coronavirus testing results

During the week of Oct. 11 to Oct. 17, 15 students and one Rutgers employee tested positive for the coronavirus disease (COVID-19). – Photo by Wikimedia

Rutgers released its updated Weekly University Health Update yesterday with coronavirus disease (COVID-19) test results from Oct. 11 to Oct. 17.

Out of 3,963 tests performed, 16 were positive and 3,938 were negative, according to the email. Nine tests came back inconclusive, according to the University’s Testing Program Dashboard.

Of the positive results, 15 were students and one was a Rutgers employee, according to the dashboard. No affiliates tested positive within that week.

At Rutgers—New Brunswick, nine people tested positive. Rutgers Biomedical and Health Sciences (RBHS)—New Brunswick/Piscataway had one positive case, while RBHS-Newark, Rutgers-Newark and Rutgers-Camden had two cases each, according to the dashboard.

Since the start of the University’s testing program in May, 42,557 COVID-19 tests were performed, with 364 positive results, 42,060 negative results and 133 inconclusive results, according to the dashboard.

Out of all tests performed since May, .86 percent came back positive and 98.84 percent came back negative, according to the dashboard.