Rutgers—New Brunswick opens application for spring 2021 on-campus housing

Up to 3,124 students will be able to live on campus for the Spring 2021 semester in either suite-style or apartment-style housing between each of the five New Brunswick campuses. – Photo by Rutgers.edu

An email announcement was sent yesterday to the Rutgers—New Brunswick community regarding the online housing application for the Spring 2021 semester.

University spokesperson Neal Buccino said these emails were sent out in batches, with 1,000 emails in each batch, to current first-year students who applied for fall 2020 housing and returning undergraduate students who had a housing assignment for fall 2020 that could not be accommodated.

A total of 5,000 first-year students and 10,000 undergraduate students received this notification, Buccino said.

“Residence Life has a strong commitment to the safety, health and well-being of our students, their families and our staff,” according to the email. “After extensive planning in adherence to public health guidelines, we are happy to announce that we are able to welcome additional residents to campus for spring 2021."

Up to 3,124 students will be able to live in on-campus housing for the Spring 2021 semester, according to the email. In order to adhere to safety guidelines, students will live in either suite-style or apartment-style housing on any of the five New Brunswick campuses.

The Rutgers—New Brunswick housing application is currently open and will remain open until Nov. 16, according to the email. After that, the housing selection process will take place for continuing students from Nov. 23 to Dec. 11, and students will be notified of their housing assignment on Dec. 16.

Buccino said students who are already living on campus for the Fall 2020 semester signed a two-semester contract and do not have to re-apply for on-campus housing for the spring.

“Please be aware that completing the housing application does not guarantee a space will be available though we will make every effort to accommodate student needs,” according to the email.