Rutgers issues weekly coronavirus testing results, provides information on quarantine housing

– Photo by Wikimedia

As of Sept. 5, the University has had .46 percent positive test results and 99.3 percent negative test results, according to the Testing Program Dashboard.

</figure>

Rutgers officials released the second Weekly University Health Update yesterday, which includes coronavirus disease (COVID-19) testing data from Aug. 30 to Sept. 5.

The University issued 3,395 COVID-19 tests during that time, according to the University’s Testing Program Dashboard. Of those tests, 3,379 were negative and seven were positive. The weekly proportion positivity rate was .21 percent and nine tests results were inconclusive.

This brings the University’s total number of tests performed to 22,027 since May, according to the dashboard. There have been .46 percent positive test results and 99.3 percent negative test results.

When it comes to quarantining students who have tested positive for the virus or have been in close contact with someone who has tested positive, University spokesperson John Cramer said there are housing spaces on campus that have been set up for students to isolate.

He said the specific locations are not being publicly identified, though, to protect the privacy of students who may be moved to these spaces.

“Residence Life and student health staff will be in contact with these students to provide support and monitor symptoms,” Cramer said. “(Applications) are being developed to more effectively track symptoms and alert students.”

For students who live off-campus, Cramer said they will be strongly advised to self-quarantine and get tested for the virus. He said these individuals should quarantine until symptoms become present or until existing symptoms subside.