NBPD investigates armed home invasion

Two perpetrators with firearms allegedly entered a Guilden Street residence through an unsecured door and took items of value from the residents.  – Photo by Wikimedia

The New Brunswick Police Department (NBPD) is investigating a home invasion that took place at a residence on Guilden Street at approximately 3:46 a.m on Saturday, according to a University-wide email. 

The victims, who are affiliated with Rutgers, said two individuals entered their residence, which is located between Bristol Street and Prosper Street, through an unsecured door, according to the email. Both perpetrators displayed firearms and took valuable items from the residence before fleeing the area. 

None of the victims were physically injured, and there is no description of the perpetrators available at this time, according to the email.

Anyone with information about the crime or who may have been in the area at the time is asked to contact NBPD’s Detective Bureau, according to the email. 

The Rutgers University Police Department said students should keep their doors locked at home, stay attuned to the circumstances around them, walk in groups when traveling at night and report suspicious activity to law enforcement, according to the email.