Achieve budget-friendly holiday looks by following these helpful tips

– Photo by Photo by Flickr | The Daily Targum

The holiday season tends to create an unrealistic expectation for many of its participants. While spending money on gifts for other people is an important point, it's easy to forget your own sense of style throughout your family gatherings.

Looking presentable on a budget is a skill not everyone has the time or resources to master, but in doing so, you create a lesser sense of uneasiness for the holidays. Being confident in yourself is one thing, but being confident without breaking the bank is a lifelong skill that has the potential to spread to other avenues of your life. 

Budgeting your style allows you to create a reasonable spectrum of items you can afford while being confident and intelligent in your decision-making.

Where Comfort Meets Chic  

Jumpsuits combine both comfortability and practicality, and they also have the potential to pass as semi-formal. A simple monochrome jumpsuit and cheap earrings can easily complement your outfit for less than $50. 

They are fashionable in almost any color, and there is a wide variety both at department stores and online. Additionally, they are not defined for one occasion the way other semi-formal outfits are, so they can double for a party or a night out. 

They come out great in pictures and create a sense of relaxation within your group of party people.

Don't Be Afraid of Formal Wear 

A blazer is another iconic piece that sets a specific tone during the holiday season. Blazers are comfortable and can be rocked by any gender. 

Combining a blazer with a pair of jeans, trousers or dress pants creates an impression of being both formal and classy, and its versatility is a must for any holiday. The universal appeal and easy availability of a blazer allow it to double for many occasions and events. 

You could wear a blazer to a business meeting and a meet-up with your friends, and your outfit would not be questioned in any way or form. Finishing touches for a blazer and jeans include a splash of jewelry and a watch for universal usage.

Get a Little Ugly

Ugly Christmas sweaters, or just holiday sweaters in general, have occupied a unique niche in American culture in the fact that their purpose has been streamlined for one specific month of the year. 

While you can find Christmas sweaters at a variety of stores, images of Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, Santa Claus himself or other remnants of popular culture will make an outfit worth remembering. 

They can be found at thrift stores such as Goodwill and department stores like Macy’s. Ugly Christmas sweaters mastered the art of only being used for one occasion, which creates a sentimental purpose around their existence. 

Combining a Christmas sweater with sweatpants or joggers combines comfortability and a larger-than-life presence at any holiday function.

Everyday Looks as Holiday Fashion

Red flannels also maximize a genuine usage over time, as they match with both the spirit of Christmas and everyday use over the spring and winter months. 

The black and red plaid long sleeves are essential for any closet during the wintertime, but their use during Christmas especially fits with both the colors and spirit needed in the holiday season. 

The price range is between $20 to $30, but you can find red flannels for less than $20 pretty easily. The dual nature and spirit exuded from wearing the flannel with a matching color during the holiday season are priceless.

In looking presentable for holiday occasions, you prepare yourself for any criticism that comes your way, establish yourself as more genuine and improve your reputation among friends and family. 

By creating different holiday outfits on a budget, you can maintain your sense of freedom without compromising your bank account. Using these tips, your holiday outfits will be both iconic and cheap.