Senior Spotlight: Abby Streeter

Graduate student guard Abby Streeter, who transferred to the Rutgers women's basketball team from Hartford, has significantly impacted the Scarlet Knights (12-19, 5-13) from the three-point line. – Photo by Ice You

In the newest edition of the Senior Spotlight, The Daily Targum covers graduate student guard Abby Streeter of the Rutgers women's basketball team. Streeter has been a strong team member in her first and only year on the Banks and was honored at the team's annual Senior Day against Illinois on Sunday.

In the 2017-18 season, when she was a freshman, Streeter started in 25 of 30 games for Rhode Island. She averaged a hefty 27.3 minutes a game and scored an average of 7.8 points per game (PPG), along with a 39.5 field goal percentage.

The following year, Streeter only started in 2 of 28 games for the Rams and averaged 3.1 PPG, mainly off the bench.

The Nashua, New Hampshire, native transferred to Hartford for her junior year but sat out due to NCAA rules. That year, Streeter made the America East Honor Roll with a GPA higher than 3.0.

Streeter played in all 12 games her senior year with the Hawks and started in three of them. She averaged 3.4 points and 2.6 rebounds a game.

As a fifth-year, Streeter was much improved. She started in 28 of 30 total games while putting up 9.6 PPG and corralling in 2.5 rebounds a game. Streeter always worked best behind the arc, and it showed in the 2021-22 season as she averaged a 41.7 three-point percentage and led the team in total three-pointers with 78.

After her strong fifth-year season, she transferred to the Scarlet Knights (12-20, 5-13). As a graduate student point guard, Streeter became the oldest player on the team.

In Rutgers' first game against Hofstra, Streeter scored 11 points and hit 3 out of her four three-point attempts. She ended up starting in the Knights' first 6 games of the season.

Against Cornell on November 27, 2022, Streeter scored a season-best 12 points and hit a total of four shots from beyond the arc. She only started 10 games in the regular season but became a mentor for the team. On the court, Streeter finished 2nd on the team in three-pointers made with 27 total.

Before Rutgers' last regular season matchup against the Fighting Illini, head coach Coquese Washington expressed her excitement to celebrate Streeter and what she's done in terms of bringing energy to the team as well as improving the team's shooting ability. Washington also commended Streeter's work ethic. 

"She's the first one in the gym getting up shots," Washington said. "Having that attitude and that presence about her, that's something that we are looking forward to honoring and celebrating her for what she brought to the team this year."

For more updates on the Rutgers women's basketball team, follow @TargumSports on Twitter.