Rutgers issues weekly coronavirus testing data

The weekly proportion positivity rate for the week of Jan. 24 to Jan. 30 was 2.48 percent and has now risen for two consecutive weeks. – Photo by Pixabay.com

Rutgers released its Weekly University Health Update yesterday with coronavirus disease (COVID-19) testing results for the week of Jan. 24 to Jan. 30.

Out of the 11,074 tests performed, 275 came back positive and 10,763 were negative, according to the email. Thirty-six tests came back inconclusive, according to the University’s Testing Program Dashboard.

Students made up 232 of the positive test results, with 43 employees also testing positive, according to the dashboard. 

Rutgers—New Brunswick had a total of 219 positive test results, while Rutgers Biomedical and Health Sciences (RBHS)—New Brunswick/Piscataway had 15, according to the dashboard. Rutgers—Camden and RBHS—Newark both had 14 each.

Additionally, Rutgers—Newark had 12 positive test results, with one off-site positive result recorded as well, according to the dashboard. 

The weekly proportion positivity rate increased to 2.48 percent, compared to the previous week’s 1.53 percent, according to the dashboard. The proportion positivity rate has now increased for two consecutive weeks.

Since the start of the University’s testing program in May, 120,449 tests were performed, with a total of 1,719 positive cases, 118,342 negative results and 388 inconclusive tests, according to the dashboard. Overall, 1.43 percent of tests came back positive, while 98.25 percent came back negative.