Rutgers updates weekly coronavirus testing dashboard

Of the tests performed from Nov. 22 to Nov. 28, 30 students, 11 employees and two Rutgers affiliates tested positive. – Photo by Pxfuel

Rutgers released its Weekly University Health Update with coronavirus disease (COVID-19) testing results from the week of Nov. 22 to Nov. 28. 

Out of the 3,231 tests performed, 43 came back positive and 3,183 were negative, according to the email. Five tests came back inconclusive, according to the University’s Testing Program Dashboard.

Students made up 30 of the positive test results, with 11 employees and two Rutgers affiliates also testing positive, according to the dashboard.

Rutgers—New Brunswick had a total of 24 positive results, while Rutgers Biomedical and Health Sciences (RBHS)—New Brunswick/Piscataway had 10, and the remaining schools of RBHS—Newark, Rutgers—Newark and Rutgers—Camden each had three, according to the dashboard. 

The weekly proportion positivity rate fell to 1.33 percent compared to the previous week’s rate of 1.82 percent, according to the dashboard. The proportion positivity rate has now decreased for two consecutive weeks.

Since the start of the University’s testing program in May, 68,256 tests were performed, with a total of 714 positive cases, 67,345 negative results and 197 inconclusive tests, according to the dashboard. Overall, 1.05 percent of all test results were positive, while 98.67 percent came back negative.