Naked Rutgers student stabs man after taking LSD

A naked Rutgers student stabbed another University student in the neck after they both took LSD, police said.

Kevin Huang, 22, was taken into custody after allegedly stabbing 23-year-old Andrew Kim inside a Sicard Street residence, according to a press release from the New Brunswick Police Department (NBPD). Huang was later found by officers pacing back and forth naked on the second floor of the home.

Kim was found by patrol officers bleeding from the neck outside of the home at about 1:20 a.m. on March 8 and was treated for injuries after being transported to Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital.

A witness who was with Huang and Kim said both students used LSD prior to the incident, according to the NBPD. Huang started acting aggressively, removing his clothing and destroying the apartment, the witness said.

The witness left the apartment to seek help and returned to see Kim escaping and bleeding from the neck, police said.

Patrol officers found a “large” amount of drugs and drug-related materials while taking Huang into custody, police said.

New Brunswick police found about 500 bars of Xanax, 15 pounds of marijuana, packing materials typically used for drug distribution, a “significant” amount of cocaine and cash, as well as other pills and crystals during a later search, police said.

Huang is being charged with attempted murder, possession of a weapon for an unlawful purpose, unlawful possession of a weapon and a list of narcotic-related offenses including possession, distribution and distribution in a school zone, police said.

Investigation surrounding the stabbing is ongoing as detectives attempt to learn more about the events leading up to the incident, as well as the extent of Huang and Kim’s alleged narcotic use and potential distribution, police said.

The New Brunswick Police Department encourages anyone with information about the events that transpired Saturday morning to contact Detective Drew Weiss at (732) 745-5217.

Dan Corey is a Rutgers Business School first-year student majoring in pre-business and journalism and media studies. He is an Associate News Editor at The Daily Targum. Follow him on Twitter @_dancorey for more stories.